It finally arrived in the store. And sad to say it’s not good 😦
Some notes from my testing.
1. There appears to be no way to delete an entry on the iPhone/iPod directly. This is bad since not everyone will have the desktop version, but more than that…an application that allows you to add but not remove?
2. Adding an entry is hit and miss, I’ve tried several times to add some notes and so far it has only worked once. It seems they just do not hit the database or something after you enter them.
3. Usability of the interface is nowhere near as pleasing as the desktop version. The input boxes are some what unobvious. Some areas you click on a box and it goes directly to edit mode, and others you click on and it turns out to not be a text entry box. Needs a lot of work here for those that don’t know what they are looking at or are familiart with the desktop application.
You can test this for yourself, just add a new login item and click on the URL box and you get to add the URL. Then click on the two boxes in login information and they are not text entry boxes, the text entry boxes do infact appear below in the All fields section. Not at all obvious to a new user.
4. Instructions in the application and on the site giving you directions to sync with the desktop version (and everyone should have it, it is outstanding!) are infact wrong as of writing this post and the current 1password desktop version.
5. Password generator? This is one of the best features of the desktop version, and something I think many would be more than happy to pay for. Sys Admins I am sure would love to have the password generator out in the field where they need to create strong passwords all the time.
I am certain it will get better and become the quality that we all know Agile Solutions can deliver, but wow this have every sign of being released way way too soon just to get it in the store.
I look forward to posting that the application has been improved in a post very soon, as I am sure it will be. But for now, might want to think twice if you don’t use the desktop version to add/remove/edit entries.